Reminder: Applications close October 15!
Investing in communities
At Facebook, we are committed to playing a positive role and investing in the long-term vitality of the communities in which we operate. One of the ways we do this is by funding projects that meet community needs through our Community Action Grants program.
What is the Community Action Grants program?
It is an annual program funded by Facebook that benefits nonprofits and schools in communities where we have an online data center. We work with Charities Aid Foundation of America to award grants to successful applicants.
We fund projects that meet community needs by:
- Putting the power of technology to use for community benefit,
- Connecting people online or off, or
- Improving local Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education.
Who is eligible?
Community Action Grants are available to schools and registered 501c3 non-profit organizations in locations where Facebook has an online data center.
- Altoona: Cities served by the Southeast Polk and Bondurant-Farrar school districts, including Altoona, Pleasant Hill, Runnells, Mitchellville, Bondurant and Farrar
- Eagle Mountain: Utah County
- Forest City: Rutherford, Cleveland, McDowell, Polk and Henderson counties
- Fort Worth: Tarrant County
- Henrico: Henrico County
- Huntsville: Madison County
- Los Lunas: Valencia County
- New Albany: Franklin and Licking counties
- Prineville: Crook County
- Newton: Jasper, Morgan, Newton and Walton counties
- Sarpy: Sarpy County
- Denmark: Odense
- Ireland: Meath
- Sweden: Boden, Kalix, Luleå, Piteå and Älvsbyn
How do I apply?
Submit your application via the CyberGrants, LLC (“CyberGrants”) platform. Use the application link for your country below.
The online application is open through 11:59 p.m. local time on October 15, 2021 for the 2022 funding cycle. Please email us if you have questions about completing your application.
Terms and conditions
Review the terms and conditions by clicking on your country from the list below.
Grants are available to projects delivered in one of the locations listed above that do one or more of the following:
- Address critical community needs by putting the power of technology to use for community benefit;
- Connect people online or off;
- Improve local Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (“STEM”) education.
Grant applications will be accepted starting at 12:01 a.m. Monday, September 6, 2021 local time for all eligible locations in Europe and 12:01 a.m. Monday, September 13, 2021 local time for all eligible locations in the United States. Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. Friday, October 15, 2021 local time(“Grant Cycle”). We will announce grant recipients in Spring 2022.
Organizations are permitted to submit one application per Grant Cycle, with the exception of schools who may apply for multiple grants. Schools are encouraged to notify the Superintendent of desired grants to ensure the most competitive and feasible applications are submitted.
Facebook Community Action Grants are intended for registered 501c3 organizations. For-profit companies are not eligible to receive funds through this program.
The funds allocated are intended to be used during the Grant Cycle in which they’re awarded. The project must have demonstrable metrics that can be publicly reported. We ask that an annual report be provided on how the funds are being used and their impact in the community.
This grant program is in partnership with CAF America and CyberGrants LLC.
The following types of organizations or requests are NOT eligible for Facebook Community Action Grants:
- Organizations whose mission or activities include advocating on behalf of any religion
- Organizations that make hiring choices based on race, gender, faith, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
- Organizations that promote or support specific political ideologies, doctrines, candidates or issues
- For-profit companies
- 501c4 organizations
- Proposals for endowments, memorials, budget deficits and/or the like
Facebook will be collecting your data through the grant application, which will be used in accordance with our data policy.
An account with CyberGrants is required to apply for a grant, and you will be asked to create an account to submit your online application for the Facebook Community Action Grants program.
Sponsor: Charities Aid Foundation of America, 225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 375, Alexandria, VA 22314